The B16 Schola is preparing its first concert: 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 20, 2010, at Holy Ghost Church near downtown Knoxville.
We hope to see you there! (For details, e-mail me.)
Choral sets will include works from Byrd to Bruckner, with a fairly heavy emphasis on the Renaissance period. Our friend Charles Walden will perform two organ sets in between.
There’s no charge for the concert, but we will take up a free-will offering. Donations will benefit Holy Ghost, which has been so welcoming to us, and the schola’s music budget.
Here are specifics for the choral music (subject to slight changes):
- Oremus pro pontifice (chant)
- Hassler: Dixit Maria
- Bruckner: Locus Iste
- Jesu dulcis memoria (chant)
- Monteverdi: O bone Jesu
- Ubi caritas (chant)
Set 2 (all English)
- Purcell: Thou knowest, Lord
- Morley: Magnificat
- Byrd: Lord, hear my prayer instantly
- Farrant: Lord, for thy tender mercy's sake
- Stainer: God so loved the world
- Crux fidelis (chant, performed in English)
- Mozart: Ave verum corpus
- Palestrina: Jesu rex admirabilis
- Salve regina (chant)
- Vivaldi: In memoria aeterna, from Beatus Vir